Presentation and discussion: Baltic and Nordic Responses to the 2020 Post-Election Crisis in Belarus
In cooperation with the Nordic Council of Ministers' Office in Latvia, the Latvian Institute of International Affairs held the presentation and the discussion of our latest policy brief: "Baltic and Nordic Responses to the 2020 Post-Election Crisis in Belarus". The discussion was held on April 8, 2021, from 15:00 - 16:30, online.
Discussion recording please see below.
Working language - English.
The policy brief takes on and compares the reactions of Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Iceland, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway, and Sweden in light of the Belarus 2020 post-election crisis and assesses implications for the bilateral and multilateral cooperation of the Baltics and Nordics with Belarus.
Download the brief here.
- Andris Sprūds, Director of the Latvian Institute of International Affairs, Professor at the Riga Stradiņš University
- Stefan Eriksson, Director of the Nordic Council of Ministers' Office in Latvia
Presentation of the policy brief outcomes:
- Evija Djatkoviča, Researcher at the Latvian Institute of International Affairs and Riga Stradiņš University
- Franak Viačorka, Senior Advisor to Sviatlana Tsikhanouskaya
- Ramūnas Vilpišauskas, Jean Monnet Chair professor of the Institute of International Relations and Political Science (IIRPS), Vilnius University
- Andžejs Viļumsons, Director of the First Bilateral Relations Department, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Latvia
- Hans Wallmark, Swedish parliamentarian, former president of the Nordic Council
Moderator: Evija Djatkoviča, Researcher at the Latvian Institute of International Affairs and Riga Stradiņš University
The project is supported by the Nordic Council of Ministers’ Office in Latvia.
Publicēts 26. marts, 2021